How Teams Are Selected
See also: Current Roster | Team Structure | Upcoming Meetings |
1. Nominating Committee:
- Appointed by Leadership Team; usually consists of moderator, vice-moderator, pastor & other volunteers.
- Fills positions on Leadership Team and any team chairs.
- Requests from Group Liaisons: number of slots to be filled for which teams
- Drafts a list of potential people to ask
2. Group Liaisons:
- Provide to Nominating Committee a list of teams & slots that need to be filled
- Fill team slots using Nominating Committee suggestions or other people.
(Jan-Mar, before Lent)
|4-5 Group Liaisons each take a Liturgist Spot (ideally 5 Sundays in a row; include Small Group?)
- outline their teams
- use PowerPoint with lists on the screen
- make clear people can contact that Group Liaison if they’d like to be on a team
Bulletin Board in Narthex
- Post the 5 pages of team description with a couple pictures per page
- Include contact information
- The Friday before a liaison is speaking, office manager can include the one-page list of teams/duties for that group, including liaison contact info.
- Group Liaisons provide to Nominating Committee number of slots to be filled for which teams
- Nominating Committee is appointed
- Nominating Committee fills all Leadership Team positions & team chairs
- Nominating Committee submits Leadership Team list to office manager by May 1 to put in the annual report
- Nominating Team drafts list of potential people to fill teams & provides lists to Group Liaisons
- Group Liaisons work with Team Chairs to fill team positions, preferably by June 1, but no later than Labor Day
Page updated on 8/14/2018