On Saturday morning, November 7, a record-breaking crew of volunteers from Urbandale UCC as well as Matu Bethel Church, Light Mission Pentecostal (our guest congregations) and Cub scouts/leaders worked diligently to improve the church inside and out.
Projects accomplished included:
• Repair door closure on east entrance.
• Sweep and clean up maintenance room.
• Dig trench to install drain pipe
• from downspout on SE corner of sanctuary.
• Wash windows, inside and out.
• Clean out the roof drains on the ﬂat roof above narthex.
• Identify and replace burnt out light bulbs through out church.
• Trim the trees and bushes at the northwest corner of the church.
• Wash chairs and tables in Fellowship Hall.
• Remove landscaping ties and replace the north side with landscaping block.
• Paint fascia at east entrance.
• Wash fencing surrounding the Peace Garden.
• Dust and wipe down baseboard.
• Vacuum the pew cushions.
• Repair or adjust hardware on kitchen cabinets.
• Rake leaves around the building.
• Cut, plane, or sand bottom of SE sanctuary exit door for better closing.
• Wipe out shelves and doors on the kitchen cabinets.
• Sweep out and wash ﬂoors in various storage rooms.
Many thanks to everyone who helped!